Please contact us if you would like to list an optometry related ad for local optometrists to see. Ads will expire 30 days after posting but may be resubmitted as needed.
Pinellas Technical College
901 34th Street South St. Petersburg, Florida 33711
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university OR six years full-time occupational experience in the career area to be taught. Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for the level and subject area to be taught. Valid Florida Board of Optometry license.
This is an instructional position with responsibility for guiding and directing the learning experiences of students in a group or class within the technical college or an adult community center.
• Teaches students knowledge, social skills, and concepts.
• Identifies long-range goals and specific objectives and plans a program for individualized and group instruction.
• Prepares, administers, and corrects tests, and records results; evaluates student achievements.
• Plans lessons so that students become involved in learning and decision-making related to curriculum choices.
• Maintains a classroom that recognizes respect for both teacher and student; motivates students in an atmosphere of
respect and freedom.
• Holds conferences with pupils, parents, principal and/or supportive personnel regarding the pupils’ academic and social
• Keeps attendance, grade records, and book inventories, as required by School Board policy.
• Applies knowledge of child psychology to include growth, development, interrelationships, etc.
• Attends classes, seminars, etc. to provide for professional growth and keeps abreast of the latest instructional methods and
• Performs other related duties as required.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the Pinellas County School District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the District.
Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Pinellas County School Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of those in this classification.
If interested in the position, please apply at Pinellas County Schools https://www.pcsb.org/Page/665
Any questions regarding the position, please contact Dawn Bingham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-893-2500 ext. 2502.
Full-Time VA general optometry position available in the New Port Richey Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) which is under the auspices of the James A. Haley VA in Tampa, FL. An expertise in prism prescription, traumatic brain injury, high volume complex cases and basic low vision is required. Our CBOC is staffed by 3 optometrists. If you or any optometrist you happen to know might be interested in this position, please send your CV to Charles.Slonim@va.gov.
Copyright © 2021 Pinellas Optometric Association - All Rights Reserved.